Ever wondered how your income compares to that of other Australians?
The Australian Bureau of Statistics has the answer.
After breaking workers into quintiles (or five groups) based on income, the ABS found average income levels were:
* $15,319 for the lowest quintile
* $44,272 for the second quintile
* $86,551 for the third quintile
* $135,426 for the fourth quintile
* $238,916 for the highest quintile
Please note that this was income before tax and social assistance benefits.
As of May 2022, the average income per person (gross/before tax) in Australia was reported at just over $92,000pa.
After those things were taken into account, the income of the bottom three quintiles increased, while the income of the top two decreased.